This includes the support of daily production, implementing process improvements, and providing technical leadership and expertise for production operations. The process engineer is considered as the owner for the process equipment and ensures proper care and maintenance. Practices are being followed to maximize the equipment performance and life.
Process and Equipment Support -
• Primary process owner at the unit operations level, integrating process and equipment knowledge.
• Monitor established control systems for process indicators to identify and follow-up on significant issues. • Utilize formal problem solving techniques, including root cause analysis, to resolve issues leading to production delays.
• Own equipment-related deviation investigations, corrective / preventive actions and changes.
• Perform equipment periodic reviews and maintain the qualified state of systems supported.
• Attend and participate in process team meetings.
• Develop control systems to monitor and identify gaps in process team performance metrics.
• Identify better equipment / unit operations technologies.
• Technical expert / support for installation and maintenance of process equipment.
• Transfer knowledge of equipment capabilities and operational techniques to operations and maintenance. Improving the Business or Process
• Develop / maintain process team project improvement activities for capacity (yield, cycle time, cleaning, etc.); product quality, raw material cost, waste loads, process variability, equipment reliability and process safety.
• Perform and summarize improvement opportunities in technical reports through statistical analysis, plant trials, investigations, and process / unit operations modeling. Analyze and document incident common causes on process team.
• Understand process / unit capacity constraints, and identify projects to prevent conflicts.
• Lead or participate in Installation Qualification (IQ) / Operational Qualification (OQ) / Performance Qualification (PQ) activities (including commissioning activities ofnew equipment or areas).
• Develop proposals to close identified gaps for process, unit, and site metrics and other business units.
• Develop capital project business cases and act as user representative for capital
projects or delivery agent for local projects. Process Safety Management
• Provide the technical leadership and problem solving skills for Safety and Process Safety incident investigations.
• Performs compliance related technical tasks such as emissions calculations, equipment evaluation, and application of material balances for environmental needs.
• Leads and/or participates in process hazard reviews and other process safety activities. Serves as main resource for process safety issues on supported processes.
Adherence to Business Systems -
• Manage the implementation of countermeasures arising from deviations, spills, and safety related events.
• Manage the implementation of recommendations from PHRs and other audit findings.
• Integrates the processes flow in a manner to ensure proper manpower utilization for optimization of yields and outputs.