Profile Description -
We are looking for a resourceful candidate to join our DESRI group based out of the firm’s office in Hyderabad, India. This role involves working with the Asset Management team in the U.S., which manages the renewable energy (wind and solar energy) asset portfolio across the U.S.
Primary responsibilities include :
Performance Analytics Responsibilities:
- Evaluating the energy production of operating projects (including solar resource assessments) using industry best practices to compare these results to the pre-construction energy production models and provide an explanation for observed differences.
- Reviewing operating projects’ array/plant layouts to understand the key factors affecting energy production (such as topology, geotechnical studies, hydrology reports, etc.).
- Understanding equipment limitations (such as inverter derating, tracker shading, etc.).
- Developing methods to assess and document energy losses while comparing actual losses to loss factor assumptions used in the creation of pre-construction energy production estimates.
- Developing methods to assess and document actual GHI and POA results while comparing these results to GHI and POA assumptions used in the creation of the pre-construction energy production estimate, using the latest modeling technics (while factoring in the impacts of diffused lighting).
- Developing methods to assess and document soiling impacts to compare to pre-construction soiling loss assumptions. Assisting Asset Management with module washing strategies.
- Working actively with the Asset Management, Deal, and technical teams to provide feedback on operating results and optimize designs for new solar and wind projects.
- Building performance monitoring dashboards and templates for implementation across the operating portfolio of wind and solar projects.
- Upgrading to the most advanced asset management tools available on the market.
Operational Responsibilities :
- Reviewing operating solar PV and wind projects’ alarms and performance metrics daily to identify anomalies and suggest corrective actions.
- Generating alerts for system failures at plant locations.
- Triaging issues based on likely energy generation impact.
- Diagnosing issues with all available data to establish likely causes (equipment, sensors, communications, etc.).
- Working with the maintenance team to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Conducting longer-term analyses to increase understanding of performance and preventative maintenance actions. Improving plant availability by framing an optimized maintenance schedule.
- Optimizing plant load factor (PLF) by implementing industry best practices.
- Developing a process to continuously improve the quality of data acquisition and analysis automation (to ensure data completeness and to suggest improvements to the design and effectiveness of data acquisition methods).
- Adopting industry best practices for maintenance and module cleaning schedules.
Reporting Responsibilities :
- Creating weekly, monthly, and annual reports for management (automating when possible).
- Generating historical trend reports for critical parameters including (but not limited to) generation, irradiance, curtailment, plant down time, and critical equipment failures with qualitative write-ups.
The ideal candidate should be a B.Tech with 4-8 years of experience in performance analytics in the renewable energy industry (solar and wind). He or she should have keen knowledge of running analytical tools for performance monitoring. Candidates involved in the commissioning of solar plants and those with field experience are preferred.
Other desired attributes include:
- Proficient familiarity with PVsyst and selecting appropriate inputs for utility scale PV
- Thoughtful, curious, and a problem solver
- Relentless drive towards quality and automation
- Ability to communicate conclusions via well-structured presentations and well-designed data visualizations
- Some programing experience - Python, R, VBA, Java, etc.
- Desire to expand knowledge of technical aspects of solar PV/wind and data analysis