Profile Description -
We are looking for a resourceful candidate to join our Financial Research Group based out of the firm’s office in Hyderabad. This role requires regular interaction with both U.S. and Hyderabad-based teams, as well as external parties.
Primary responsibilities will include :
- Maintaining the books and records for the company's renewable energy projects;
- Recording monthly transactions and activities in the ledgers on the company's enterprise accounting platform (Net Suite);
- Completing the month-end ledger close for a number of DESRI project entities including bank reconciliations, receivable and payable accruals, accretions, amortizations, and valuation adjustments;
- Coordinating with the Asset Management team to determine the appropriate project receivables by obtaining and reconciling electricity generation numbers, preparing invoices, reconciling prices, and other terms with the project Power Purchase agreements;
- Completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and populating audit trail and reconciliation tools such as Blackline;
- Posting cash entries in the ledgers, which includes completing cash reconciliations in a timely manner and preparing bank reconciliations;
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset accounting ledger, which includes recording fixed asset activities for new and under-construction projects and performing fixed assets’ depreciation reconciliations;
- Preparing interest expense schedules, interest expense reconciliations with ledgers and debt forward schedules in a timely manner, and reconciling with counterparty’s balances;
- Preparing equity roll forward schedules and reconciling movements in equity between ledgers and bank receipts/ payments;
- Performing timely expense cut-off testing procedures, which includes coordinating with the Accounts Payable team to finalize accruals;
- Supporting internal and external auditors in completing statutory and internal audits for various project entities;
- Working on initiatives to establish, standardize, optimize and document accounting processes, workflows, and internal accounting controls.
The ideal candidate should be a graduate from a top rated institution with 1-2 years of work experience. The candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently with limited direction and guidance. Prior work experience in Accounting or Audit across the Energy, Real Estate, or Financial Services sector is preferred.