Profile Description -
Our engineering is a team of smart and hard-working people that believes in solving problems through code. We build solutions for consumers, sellers, logistics, catalogue, fulfillment, retail, marketing, and ourselves, for a scale of 100,000 - 10 million people.
We use cutting edge tools (AWS, Docker, ElasticSearch, Python, Scala, Nginx/Lua, InfluxDB, Ansible, and many more) to build beautiful products.
We are a non-hierarchical team with only one designation for the entire 0-10+ years experience range - Software Engineer. Leadership comes by earning respect from team members and not by designation.
While we are a diverse set of people, we value the following core traits:
Fast learning: We tackle new problems on a daily basis. We need to get to depth in quick time and build good solutions. This often requires learning new tools and technologies. We believe in adopting new tools and technologies if they are particularly well suited for our problems, instead of limiting ourselves to what we already know. However, we are always short of time and therefore have to learn fast.
Versatility: While each one of us has a core skill, we possess at least one secondary skill as well. We often need to jump in to help others if there is a business urgency on their piece. Apart from allowing the team to be fluid, it also helps us understand how all pieces (frontend, database, network, servers, etc.) fit together. In the long run, we want everyone of us to be a full-stack developer.
Madness about quality: Put together, individual lines of code should be robust, scalable, high-performance, fault-tolerant, and most importantly, beautiful software. We also stay up-to-date with latest in the world of software to make ourselves better.
Passion: To try out new ideas and iterate on existing product features, and love experimenting with new technology if it's right for the job. Because not only do we ride the cutting edge, we make it happen.
Collaboration: We believe that engineering is a continuous process of learning and improvement, and that the best way to learn is by getting help from your fellow engineers. Coding is more fun when you do it together and appreciate feedback.
Bias towards action: A positive attitude, good judgement and responsibility towards the shipped code are our core principles. We have the courage to take risks and go for what we believe in, and do not shy away from admitting mistakes and learning from them.
What we require -
- Excellent theoretical knowledge in search domain
- Hands on with ElasticSearch and/or Solr
- Excellent knowledge of Python and/or Java
- Experience of working on large scale distributed systems
- Good exposure to SQL as well as NoSQL databases at scale
- Previous experience of working on large search setups and managing relevance, scalability, performance, and flexibility. You seek new methods and tools to make search more effective.
- In-depth understanding of HTTP
- Passion for elegant, maintainable, well-documented code
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Rapid prototyping skills for getting early feedback
- Experience with deployment and configuration management tools
- 5+ years of experience in search domain
- Knowledge of Spark will be a bonus
- Contribution to open source projects or having an open source project written from scratch will be a bonus