The Platform Senior Engineering Manager plays a critical role executing high-impact initiatives and continuously improving process to increase the effectiveness of our data platform team.
About Team :
If you are crazy about solving problems that you face as a customer, come join us on this amazing ride!
Some of the initiatives include building search & discovery platforms, recommendation and personalization engines, advertising platforms, data platforms, mobile capabilities etc.
What you'll do :
- You are a Leader for the platform team.
- You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive.
- You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with the team and stakeholders.
- You build trust across the team. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
- Understand technicality at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary.
- Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge
- Continuously improve and scale the team. Implement continuous improvements to.
- Mentor skills within our Platform team.
Here are the skills and experiences we’re looking for :
- Managed or been technical lead of teams of 8 - 15 engineers for at least 1 year, with hiring and direct employee reporting and development responsibility.
- Technical aptitude and an ability to understand Data(Hadoop, Spark HDFS etc). Must have a software development experience on distributed systems and systems of scale.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in some of our technologies: NoSQl / Redis/ Cassandra,/Java /AWS)
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Implemented successful solutions to a wide variety of challenges in application architecture, design and coding, functionality and usability, and optimization.
- Passion for managing people and being responsible for pro-actively leading their career development.