The DevOps Senior Engineering Manager plays a critical role executing high-impact initiatives and continuously improving process to increase the effectiveness of our platform.
What you'll do :
- You will be responsible for developing and managing Swiggy's growing DevOps practice
- Will break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with the team and stakeholders.
- You will build trust across the team. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
- Understand technicality at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary.
- Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective.
- Develop broad domain and technical knowledge
- Continuously improve and scale the team.
Here are the skills and experiences we’re looking for :
- Managed or been technica(Dev Ops)l lead of teams of 10 - 15 engineers for at least 2 years,
- Technical aptitude and an ability to understand Data(Hadoop, Spark HDFS etc). Must have a software development experience on distributed systems and systems of scale.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in some of our technologies: NoSQl / Redis/ Cassandra,/Java /AWS
- Experience hosting applications in AWS,
- Working experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Cloud Formation or similar
- Scripting experience
- Experience with Source Control systems, such as GIT and TFS
- Experience with software build and deploy tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Gradle, Ant, Maven, Artifactory, CodeDeploy, etc.
- Work experience deploying web and application servers -
- Experience with database systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Background in Development, Systems Architecture
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Implemented successful solutions to a wide variety of challenges in application architecture, design and coding, functionality and usability, and optimization.
- Passion for managing people and being responsible for pro-actively leading their career development.
- You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive