Profile Description -
Massive data volume + complex business rules in a highly distributed and service oriented architecture =
a world class information collection and delivery challenge. Our challenge is to deliver the software
systems which accurately capture, process, and report on the huge volume of financial transactions that
are generated each day as millions of customers make purchases, as thousands of Vendors and Partners
are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, as commissions are calculated, and as taxes are
collected in hundreds of jurisdictions worldwide.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills,
deep software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable and
scalable user facing applications that are accessed by thousands of external Vendors and internal
Customers. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal customers, other
dependent development teams in to develop new applications successfully against high
operational standards of system availability and reliability. In the space of workflow management tools,
engineers in this team solve problems for the first time and have got opportunity to convert them to
generic/re-usable components for use in broader engineering community. We look for engineers who
are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun. This
candidate also plays active role in reviewing the technical designs from the team and in mentoring of
other developers in the team.
You will have the opportunity to play a key role in building new software products and features from the
ground up. Your work will allow you to utilize a melting pot of technologies, programming languages,
and systems and require you to keep up with the ever-changing technological landscape. Your
responsibilities will include all aspects of software development, with the freedom and encouragement
to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit worldwide.
Finance Technology team is looking for a talented software development engineer who can tackle large
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience.
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or PERL
Preferred Qualifications -
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Fluency in Java or C++.
• Strong skills in Relational Data Modeling.
• Passion for software craftsmanship that yields clean, elegant and maintainable code.