Profile Description -
Are you passionate about User Interface? Are you a detail oriented person? Do you take pride in creating responsive and sleek interface? Do you thrive to make a mark in the industry? PubMatic is looking for a User Interface Manager who can lead a team of UI engineers and deliver a best in class user interface in the industry. To be successful in the role, you will need a solid foundation in Computer Science, advanced development and influencing skills, be a natural leader who can rally the team and enable their full potential. You will not only make a major impact to PubMatic but you will also raise the bar in Ad-Tech industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities -
• Lead a team of 5+ software developers, mentor them in areas of UI development, architecture and maintenance.
• Engage with cross functional teams like Product, UX, QA, Account management, and Backend platforms in US and Pune, India for new features, enhancements and fixes in
• PubMatic & work with the UI team to execute.
• Develop code that is modular, scalable, high performance and to high quality standards.
• Plan the UI resources across different PubMatic modules based on the business needs.
• Need to Design the UI solutions & manage the delivery of business-critical features as well as Infrastructure improvement tasks.
• Design and review the UI work of team members to ensure coding guidelines are followed.
• Improve current UI technical stack used in different PubMatic Modules.
• Follow the PubMatic processes for software development. e.g. Agile ceremonies like scrums
• Plan activities for improving skills within the team.
• Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality of the deliverables of the team members.
• Manage the career growth of the team members.
Technical Experience -
• 5+ years of experience in UI Technologies.
• Problem solving skills and ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
• Experienced in working and coordinating with cross functional teams like Product, Marketing, UX, QA, Account management, and Backend platform teams in multiple US cities and Pune, India.
• Knowledgeable of REST api patterns and design concerns.
• Knowledgeable of the performance, scalability & security considerations for web applications.
• A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
Management Experience -
• Should have been working as Team Lead/Senior Software engineer for the past 2 to 3 years.
• 2+ years of experience in mentoring & managing engineers.
• 2+ years of Agile and Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation and prioritization techniques.
• Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
• Finding ways to increase the throughput of the team with innovation & motivation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
• Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
• Experience in handling Engineering escalations from customers will be preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and innovate, excellent team building and leadership skills.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels.
• Strong operational and project management skills in a product development environment.
• Experience level: 4 - 8 years.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering.