Profile Description -
What You’ll Do -
• Build driver flows to browse the vehicle marketplace and reserve a vehicle
• Driver and vehicle partner flows for enabling vehicle
• Build and work with real-time and batch APIs that allow hundreds of vehicle partners to integrate with Uber.
• Build systems to accurately learn and update vehicle status - documents, assignment, returns, etc.
• Build tools and workflows that identify risky driver-partners and provide early warnings
What You’ll Need -
• Front-end: Experience with front end web frameworks like reactjs, redux, etc. is preferred.
• Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
• Fast learner: We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
• A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
• Design and business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Bonus Points for -
• Prior experience building integrations with external partners at scale
• Experience in building large and scalable distributed data systems.