Profile Description -
We are looking for a passionate Data scientist for our Senior Pricing Analyst - Data scientist position. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities -
- The Senior Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to understand product value proposition, current or proposed price points, data gathering and cleansing, deep dive advanced statistical analysis/modeling and recommendations to optimize the performance of pricing strategies and tactics. The senior pricing analyst will also support our sales teams operationally through deal support, data gathering through custom dashboard/reports development and analysis.
- The role primary goal will be to help to establish the newly introduced strategic pricing function within CVENT by interpreting complex data sets, build pricing/value models through advanced statistical techniques and provide recommendations and reporting.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Support the development of advanced pricing tools and analytics
- Proven working experience as a data scientist or models building, (including financial and pricing)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics and R, databases (SQL), pricing and value models, regressions, applied pricing and economics principles, yield management concepts and tools, reporting and BI solutions (Tableau, etc)
- BTech in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics. MBA/PH.d. is strongly preferred
- 3 to 7 years of relevant working experience
- Working knowledge of strategic pricing (ie: elasticity, response curves) and yield management (ie: profit maximization models, forecasting techniques), including tools development
- Demonstrated strong working experience with Excel, SQL and BI tools reporting (ie: Tableau)
- Writing code in R or Python; experience with additional languages used for analysis and model building is a plus
- Solid background in the fundamentals of machine learning and statistics, with an emphasis on non-parametric and non-linear methods (e.g., Random Forests, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent written / oral communication skills